Join us and follow our updates on TwitterTwitter
What We Do
SCHOOLS AND EDUCATION
Crescendo provides for your schools seasonal music, concert performances and liturgical celebration needs. We are experienced in teaching massed and individual school choirs in key stage 1, 2, and 3 for performance at music festivals, charity, community and cultural events, BBC radio broadcasts and concerts with Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra.
I am an experienced classroom teacher of 25 years across all age groups. I have a Bachelor of Education Degree and a Master of Arts in Popular Music from Liverpool University. I am fully CRB checked and have the GTC for teachers. I am a professional singer and performer.
At full key stage assemblies over a ten week period I can co ordinate your school musical, concert or show across a variety of musical genres while providing your staff with valuable PPA time. I can set up a choir and establish a fun school music tradition where all are valued, included and supported while being taught new skills and given the opportunity to perform. This results in a marked increase in individual pupils creativity and self esteem.
I can recognise encourage and train your gifted and talented pupils in solo performance and have had many of my pupils go on to the Cathedral Choirs and LIPA.
I can fullfill the community involvement aspects of school involvement for OFSTED by choral performance in Residential Homes and for local based charity music events and in media events for the Singup programme and the annual BBC Big Sing
Flexibility is acknowledged as vital. I understand the differing needs of a schools timetable and core curriculum subjects at various times of the year and will meet them in a creative and accommodating way.
INSETS AND WORKSHOPS
As a qualified lecturer I can encourage your staff to enhance their skills and become more adventurous in creativity and in the cognitive development of their pupils in the classroom. Insets and workshops include all aspects of music across the curriculum for the primary teacher:
- Cross curricular music and accelerated learning.
- Incorporating the remits of the governments Excellence and Enjoyment and NACCCE reports through music.
- Enhancing and improving an adults, teachers and childrens singing skills through fun, taught, vocal exercises and techniques, leading to performance.
- Delivering the 3 elements of the music curriculum, (performing, composing and appraising), through Levels 1-4 of the National Curriculum with limited resources.
- Enhancing cognitive skills through the creative use of music cross-curricularly.
- Setting up a school choir.
- Culture Weeks or half day choral workshops for teambuilding.